Myrtle Beach blinds are a great addition to your homes. Not only do they add a creative and decorative touch to a room. It also helps protect your furniture from being overexposed to the sun’s rays. Plus, they are also an environmently friendly tool that enables homeowners to manipulate the amount of light that comes into a room.
On the other hand, blinds are like your other furnace and appliances. They need continuous cleaning and maintenance. If you fail to do so, they may grow weak and eventually lose its ability to serve its purpose.
If you regularly dust and clean your window blinds, you don’t have to worry about wear and tear. If you spot clean them as part of your daily cleaning routine, you’ll prevent grease, dirt, dust, and grime from accumulating on its surface. When these accumulate, it will take a lot of work to remove them.
Here are some helpful tips in cleaning Myrtle Beach blinds:
- If your window blinds are heavily soiled, you will have to take them down from your windows as you need to hose them with water or immerse them in a tub of water. If you prefer hosing them down, you will need to take them outside. On the other hand, you can also submerge the blinds in your bathtub for several minutes.
This will loosen all the dirt, grease, and grime that has accumulated on the blinds. If there is dirt left, you can simply wipe it off. You can also use a mild detergent to remove stubborn dirt. To dry the blinds, you can hang them up or wipe them with a soft cloth.
- If your Myrtle Beach blinds are not completely soiled, you can wipe them off using a cloth while still attached to your windows. You don’t have to take them down. Use a vacuum to remove the dust and a soft wet cloth with mild detergent to remove grime and grease in the soiled areas.
- Clean your blinds more often if they are regularly exposed to cigarette smoke. Failure to do so will result to a dull yellow film that will cover the blinds. These are not easy to remove so you may want to commit to a regular cleaning routine.
- Use those hand held tools available in the grocery store to easily remove dust in your window blinds. Otherwise, use a vacuum cleaner. Make sure you clean both sides of each slat of your window blinds by turning them when dusting.
- If you have time, you may want to clean your windows while letting your window blinds dry. A clean window prevents dust and dirt from reaching your blinds. Plus it will make your window shine more brightly.
Window blinds are important parts of your home. You need to keep them clean and maintained as with the rest of your house.
Call AAA Blind and Shutter Factory for more cleaning tips for your Myrtle Beach blinds.
AAA Blind and Shutter Factory
9 Hwy 90 East
Little River, SC 29566
You partners in taking care of your Myrtle Beach blinds.
Category: Myrtle Beach Blinds